What information we collect
Personal information is information that identifies you individually, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and securely store any personally identifiable information you provide to us.
How we collect that information
These are the most common circumstances under which we may collect your information:
- When you request information from us via one of the email addresses identified on our giving website. We may then collect your name, address, and email address in order to respond to that request.
- When you contact us with a question. We may then collect your name, address, and email address in order to respond to that inquiry.
- When you make a contribution. We may then collect your name, email address, billing address, telephone number, and any other information necessary to process your donation.
From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
How we use that information
We use donor information for these purposes only:
- Processing donations
- Distributing receipts
- Thanking donors
- Communicating with donors about Community Action activities
- Conducting fundraising
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, research, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other activities related to fundraising operations
We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, with the following exceptions:
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a donation. If you use a credit or debit card on our website, we may use card authorization and fraud-screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information you supplied to us, and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
All access to donor financial information is strictly limited to those Community Action staff and volunteers who need to process the data for official Community Action business. No donor financial information is given to any person, organization, or group who does not need to access those data.
Community Action uses only those online payment processing services provided by merchants who have validated compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and the Payment Application Data Security Standard. Community Action does not store, nor does it have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to those processing services.
1001 SW Baseline St.
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Approved: August 14, 2013