Rent Well - Morning Class #6
Rent Well is a 15-hour tenant education program where, individuals will learn to:
• Identify potential screening barriers
• Understand how and why a landlord will screen
• Review important personal records; such as credit, civil, and criminal reports
• Create an individualized plan for stable housing
• Build a household budget
• Review rental agreements to understand common terms and expectations
• Understand the landlord’s perspective
• Understand Fair Housing Laws and Tenant-Landlord Laws
• Move-in and move-out of rental units in a professional manner
• Understand the eviction process and how to avoid it
• Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy home
Rent Well is a program of Transition Projects that provides individuals with the support, knowledge, and expertise they need to become successful tenants. This program offers something for everyone: first-time renters, individuals with poor rental history, and individuals with excellent rental history.
Please note: This class begins on March 6th and is a series of classes.