Skip to main content

Utility Assistance

Request an Application

Check out the  "AM I ELIGIBLE" link to the right side of this page if you are not sure you qualify!   

To request an application: 

 online, Monday - Friday between 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM by CLICKING HERE

 phone503-615-0771, Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

No Heat or Electricity

If you currently have no source of heat or electricity, please call 503-615-0771 at any time to leave a message.

Heating or Cooling System Does Not Work

For households with non-functioning heating or cooling equipment, with no other viable heating or cooling alternative in the home, please contact our Energy Conservation department.

Energy Assistance News:

  • Due to covid, all walk in appointments and upcoming appointments are handled via mail and email only until further notice.

  • Due to HIGH volume of applicants, the application process time has doubled.

  • Currently water assistance and garbage assistance is not available, contact your local water company for more options.
  • As of June 2021:  funds for NWN and PGE are available.  If you had assistance only once since October, but you meet income criteria, please feel free to reapply as you may requalify for assistance.
  •  SCAM ALERT!!  We have been made aware of a txt phone scam.  the message sent will state "congratulations your number is among the random 150 numbers selected to benefit from the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program giving out $500.  They mention that a person from your home participates in SNAP, SSI, TANF are eligible and to click link provided.  Once you fill out the google app with Name and ID, they tell you that you qualify and ask for your bank information.  Though we do use texting for clients to provide documents only and only have our application for energy assistance on our Community Action Organization website.  *We never send payment to direct deposit or ask for banking account numbers or routing numbers.