What to bring to your appointment
Please be sure to bring the following to your already scheduled and confirmed Energy Assistance appointment:
- Names, birth dates, and social security numbers for everyone in the household.
- A form of identification for all adults age 18 and over in the household. If you are unable to obtain a picture ID, a social security card or other official document proving their identity will suffice.
- Proof of ALL income, before taxes or any deductions that the household has received in the last 30 days. This means bringing paystubs or verification for any wages earned, a 2018 Benefit verification letter from Social Security, weekly unemployment printout, verification of child support payments, and proof of cash assistance or any other income.
- BOTH your electric and gas bills. Both are needed only if your residence has a second source of heat other than electric. If you have already purchased oil, propane, or any other heating fuel, please bring receipts or invoices with account number, if applicable. For wood assistance, please bring the name and phone number of your preferred wood vendor or receipts for wood already purchased.
- If your heat or power is turned off, please contact your utility company to get quotes for reconnection prior to your appointment.