Skip to main content

Housing Help

How to Apply for Emergency Rent Assistance.

Please call our prevention line to be screened for eligibility on the 8th and 15th of every month unless the 8th or the 15th fall on the weekend then we will be taking calls the following Monday at 503-615-0770

Effective January, 2023 Emergency rent assistance will only be available to Washington County residents who meet ALL of the following criterias:

  • Have Not received emergency rental assistance from Community Action in the past 6 months
  • Have an Eviction notice for nonpayment of rent in hand for the current month in which you are applying for
  • Are below the 30% Area Median Income (see income table below)
Important Emergency Rent Updates


  • Calls to our emergency rent line 503-615-0770 are answered on the 8th and 15th of every month unless the 8th or the 15th fall on the weekend then we will be taking calls the following Monday
  • Calls will be answered on a first come first serve basis, starting at 9:00 am until all available appointments are filled
  • When you call us, please be prepared to give us full names, dates of birth, social security numbers for everyone in the household, an estimated monthly GROSS income amount the household has received in the past 30 days, and your landlord's contact information
  • If you have a pending application with our agency for Emergency Rent Assistance and need the status of your application, please contact us at 503-615-0770 and leave us a detailed voice message with your inquiry
  • Washington County Households must be under 30% Area Median Income to be eligible for emergency rent assistance. Please click HERE to see the current income guidelines.


  • To obtain detailed information on the status of your application please log into your OERAP account or contact OERAP at 1-844-378-2931 or   


Please see our Emergency Rent Frequently Asked Questions HERE.

Please see our COVID Frequently Asked Questions HERE.

I'm homeless.

If you are homeless, or are at imminent risk of becoming homeless, call our Community Connect line at 503-640-3263. You will speak to a staff member who will screen your situation. If you are eligible, we will schedule an "assessment appointment" for you to meet with a Community Resource Advocate. This person will assess your situation and help determine if services in Washington County are available to help you.