Skip to main content

Landlord Incentive Fund

What is it?

An incentive to encourage landlords who are reluctant to approve a tenant with barriers to renting. This program insures that landlords are covered for up to $5,000 in unpaid rent or up to $5,000 in property damages that exceed the amount of the security deposit within 12 months of a new tenancy. Costs that are allowable under the program:

  • costs to remove and dispose of tenant debris
  • costs related to the eviction process
  • damages caused by pets or service animals included on tenant agreement


Who is eligible?

Tenants qualify if...

  • their household income is at or below 60% of area median income;
  • who may be homeless or unstably housed;
  • who have a barrier to housing stability (e.g; poor credit history/rating, criminal background history, eviction(s));
  • they complete the Rent Well course; and
  • have no previous program claim.