Landlord Incentive Fund
What is it?
An incentive to encourage landlords who are reluctant to approve a tenant with barriers to renting. This program insures that landlords are covered for up to $5,000 in unpaid rent or up to $5,000 in property damages that exceed the amount of the security deposit within 12 months of a new tenancy. Costs that are allowable under the program:
- costs to remove and dispose of tenant debris
- costs related to the eviction process
- damages caused by pets or service animals included on tenant agreement
Who is eligible?
Tenants qualify if...
- their household income is at or below 60% of area median income;
- who may be homeless or unstably housed;
- who have a barrier to housing stability (e.g; poor credit history/rating, criminal background history, eviction(s));
- they complete the Rent Well course; and
- have no previous program claim.