Skip to main content

Utility Assistance

NOTICE: Community Action is not accepting energy assistance applications March 16 - June 2. Thank you for your patience as we work to process existing applications. Please see below to learn about other available forms of utility assistance including water and garbage.

Do you need help paying your utility bills? Our Utility Assistance program offers financial assistance to low-income families in Washington County, Oregon. If your household income is at or below 60% of Oregon's median income, you may qualify for help with electricity, natural gas, bulk fuel, water, garbage, and high-speed internet. 

A past-due notice or disconnection is not required to apply for assistance. You are encouraged to fill out an application before you receive a utility notice. All applications are completed and processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. 

If you are within 24 hours of disconnection, please call 503-615-0771 and leave a voicemail.

Did you know you can apply for all available utility assistance with one application?

Assistance with energy bills is available to all qualified Washington County residents.  Residents can receive direct bill assistance on electricity, gas, or bulk fuels one time per year.  Most programs have the same or similar eligibility requirements, so we strongly encourage you to apply for all assistance you may be eligible for.

Garbage Bill Discount and Water Assistance

Garbage bill discount programs and water assistance programs are available for income-qualified residents. These programs are for residents who pay directly for water and garbage, are not paying a third party, or are not in collection services. You can receive assistance once a year. Click the buttons below for what may be available in your area.