Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling Reduced Rate Program (SWRRRP) administered by Community Action
The Solid Waste & Recycling Reduced Rate Program is designed for income qualified customers to pay a reduced service fee. Eligible customers are those who live in unincorporated Washington County, Oregon, in a single-family residence, a duplex, triplex or a quadplex and directly pay for garbage collection service through one of the partnered garbage and recycling companies. Qualified customers will be enrolled into a rate reduction program that will lower your monthly garbage collection rate by 75% per month for 24 months*.
*Program approval is for a period of 24 months. If the applicant moves, a new application will be required if they remain in unincorporated Washington County. The discounted rate will be applied to the next billing cycle following program approval. Credits are not issued retroactively. Rates are subject to adjustment based on Board or County Commissioner approval.
You can demonstrate income eligibility in either way below
- Demonstrate current enrollment in one of the following programs by providing documentation of enrollment dated within 12 months of date of this application
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Women Infants and Children (WIC)
- Free & Reduced Lunch
- Housing and Urban Development assistance (HUD)
- Medicaid (OHP)
- Gross household income is at or below 185% Federal Poverty Level as described below and proved with documentation (paystubs, unemployment weekly claim sheet, Social Security benefit letter, etc.)